About Me

A college senior majoring in nutrition. Vegetarian, runner and coffee drinker. Lover of good wine, good reads and good music. On the road to recovery from anorexia.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

I survived Thanksgiving!

Thursday was Thanksgiving which means that its the start of the Holiday season and crazy lines in stores, no parking spots available ad endless deals and lots of spending. I had a nice break from Tuesday night until today. Its good to be home and around friends and family, yet I love being at college. Only 2 and a half weeks left of the semester! Holy moly where did this semester and year go? I mean 30 days until New Years Eve and only 23 days until Christmas (Im not counting today or Christmas Day! lol).

As a recovering anorexic, the holidays can be a challenge especially when its a holiday that revolves around food. I arrived at my aunts house at 2pm because that was the time she told everyone to arrive. Well we ended up eating at 5:30! Yikes! Im not one to really snack before a meal but I had maybe 1/4 oz of swiss cheese, 1 gluten free rice thin cracker, organic celery with salsa as well as a taste of my aunts spinach dip (big fear food). My cousin who's my age made Apple Cider Sangria with 2 or 3 different types of white wine, a full bottle of Brandy and Apple Cider. To be honest it was very tasty! I probably had about 3 full solo cups filled. Oooops!


For the main dinner, I had 1/4 of a sweet potato, a 1/2 cup of roasted root vegetables, a spoonful of gluten-free stuffing, some pearl onions, a spoonful of turn ups and 5 oz of organic turkey. I figured as Im recovering, I might as well as some poultry and fish in my diet because I need more protein. I will only eat organic poultry and fish but normally I would just stick with my vegetarian ways and lifestyle. For dessert (pretty shocking) my mom and I shared two small slices of pumpkin pie and a chocolate pudding pie. I mainly just ate the inside of the pumpkin pie and my mom had the rest along with the pudding pie. I did try it, it was just way too rich for me. Overall, I think it was a successful day for me and Im defiantly thankful for my health, getting healthier (I hate and Im scared of saying weight gain), and my family. 



Also! I made my infamous pilgram hat cookies! Everyone goes nuts over them! I ended up only taking 2 home! 


No comments:

Post a Comment