About Me

A college senior majoring in nutrition. Vegetarian, runner and coffee drinker. Lover of good wine, good reads and good music. On the road to recovery from anorexia.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Raw Revolution Review




The other week, I revived a package from Raw Revolution. Raw Revolution are raw, organic, vegan, gluten-free, peanut-free and live nutrition bars. 





Tropical Banana- Really good and a bonus was the real chunks of banana. It’s vegan which I liked a lot. This bar contained 170 calories, 7g fat, 26g carb, 5g fiber and 5g protein. 
Apple Cinnamon- This was my favorite. The sweet flavor of apple with just a hint of cinnamon reminded me of the apple and cinnamon oatmeal I use to eat as a child. This bar had 150cal 5g of fat, 27g carb, 6g fiber and 3g protein. 
Chocolate Raspberry Truffle - I really liked this bar alot. The plus side is how filling it was. It does come with a high fat tag though. (220 calories, 14 grams of fat) On the flip side, there are 7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber.
Spirulina Dream- Before this bar, I never heard of spirulina, but with the combination of cashew, this bar contained whole cashews, was amazing.
Coconut Delight- This bar had great flavor and no after taste. The texture was delish and rich. The two flavors went together perfectly. I would recommend this as a quick breakfast of mini-meal as it was a heavy bar that was really filling.
Chocolate Crave: Tasted really good along with a deep chocolate flavor that’s not too over powering for me, but other people might find it to be. Once again, kept me full for hours considering it’s high fat content. The fat is from almonds, cashews, flax seed and sunflower seeds which are all healthy fats. 
Golden Cashew- Actual pieces of cashews and almonds made this bar worth trying.

Chocolate Coconut Bliss- This bar reminded me a lot of an almond joy bar, but all natural. It was a heavy bar for a snack so I personally would eat this as a mini-meal. 
Heavenly Hazelnut & Chocolate- I liked the taste of this bar lot. It kept me full for hours! Their best contribution is the protein (7 grams ) and three grams of fiber.
Lemon Dew- There’s a great lemony taste that provided a light and refreshing snack. This bar has 160 calories, 5g fat, 28g carb, 4g fiber and 4g protein. 

Overall, I liked the large assortment of various bars to choose from and every ingredient is organic. They don’t use artificial ingredients or preservatives in their bars, they don’t use refined sugars in their bars, the bars taste great, and the texture of the bars are soft and chewy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment