About Me

A college senior majoring in nutrition. Vegetarian, runner and coffee drinker. Lover of good wine, good reads and good music. On the road to recovery from anorexia.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer Time


The semester has been over since last week and Im currently on summer vacation! Every year seems to be more and more stressful and Im horrible when it comes to stress. Usually I break out like a 13 year old and my hair falls out like a depressed bird plucking their feathers. Thankfully I did better than I thought! Hello Dean's LIST!!! I ended up with four A's and one B+! Im so relieved to have done that well considering I lived with the roommate from hell and I had to put up with her BS and drama and unstableness. 
With summer comes the warmer months, tanning outside, swimming, beach time, family time and of course the vacations. This summer, unlike last summer, Im actually going away on vacation with my parents. So far we are going to Chicago and Virginia. My mom’s cousin booked sailing lessons for her and I which is something that the two of us have been talking about for a while now.
Since Ive been home, Ive actually ran Wed to Saturday and yesterday since I begged my parents last June to buy me a spin bike, I did a spinning workout. Yesterday and today have been icky rainy day and Im watching my niece for 8 hrs so when I get home, Im taking to the streets for an hour jog. Yesterday, I walked my dog for 20 minutes and then ran about 20 min and then it began to pour! Lately Ive been getting the “you’re getting skinny again” “you’re losing too much weight.” Personally, I think Im fine weight wise, however I know Im not eating nearly enough for a 20 year old female who is 5’9″ and works out 6-7 days a week.
What have I been up to? Im actually trying to find a summer job but Ive taken to being a Guinea Pig and testing products for cash. I’ve also picked up my guitar and learned a few chords, and a few songs that Ive pretty much mastered. I mean most of the songs are three to four chords which is what a typical song is but some songs in which I though would be simple ended up having quiet a few chord changes and were just too complicated for a beginner player. I really want to play better so I can play on a Martin Guitar which if you haven’t heard of, you’re obviously not into music or guitar playing. All I have to say is that a Martin Guitar is how a guitar should sound if you strum it and feel the vibrations on your body.
Sunday was mother’s day. And I took it upon myself to throw together a nice day out for my mom. I need up going to Costco and picking up a gift card to a place not to far from my brother’s house called Bensi’s and being the nice person that I can, invited my brother, sister-in-law and niece out to brunch with us. My mom was really impressed and surprised with the day out. For a brunch, it wasn’t too bad. I eat like a bird so I had fresh fruit, three slices of tomato and a slice of fresh mozzarella and 1/2 a plain egg white omelet and coffee. Yumm! After brunch, I visited my grandmother, Im not a big fan of going to visit her. She old and in the way, God forgive me for saying that but every time I go over there, she asks me when Im going to Europe with school and why i don’t have a job. Umm Im not going to Europe with school, just give me the damn three grand you promised me, and not one will hire me! Ive already filled out 8 applications lady! I have to be nice though since she is the last and only grandparent of mine left. Life’s too short so I have to be nice and not take anything for granted.

Today for breakfast, I had a 0% fage blueberry acai yogurt and coffee with almond milk. For lunch I had an unsweetened apple sauce, a cup of progresso vegetable soup and three whole wheat Dr. Kracker crackers. Yummm.



Tonight I'm going to see Dark Shadows with my parents and Im exited! I've heard mixed reviews about it, so I'll see for myself. Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment